- Minneapolis Zouk Weekender with Rachel Farley (from Denver)
- March 10 - Friday Social - 9pm-12am - At Tapestry Folkdance Center
- March 11 - Saturday Workshop - 230-530pm (At Straightline Dance Fitness)
- March 11 - Saturday night social - At Straightline Dance Fitness
- March 12 - Sunday Workshop 130-430pm (At Straightline Dance Fitness)
Signup Sheet below. Entry is limited. Please fill out this google sheet to sign up and pay us on Venmo.
Venmo to @MNSocialDance on Venmo.
- Shoes - Soft soled shoes only. Please bring a separate pair of dance shoes/soft soled shoes. No street shoes in the studio.
- Saturday - 3 hrs - Zouk bootcamp 2 hrs + Playing with Fusion elements in Zouk 1 hr
- Sunday - 3 hrs - Zouk Spirals + Flow
This workshop will be most beneficial for people who take the entire workshop (both days).
Saturday is all levels.
Sunday workshops will need knowledge of Zouk Basics or participation in Saturday workshops.
Rachel Leigh Farley is a progressive educator, school leader, and dancer advocating for inclusivity and liberation.
Rachel specializes in social dances including Brazilian Zouk, Blues, Lindy Hop, and Fusion. She guides young people and adults through workshops that leave students feeling more self-aware, creative, and collaborative. Rachel believes trauma-informed movement tools are powerful in the transformation of individuals and communities.
Rachel's path was paved by her mother and grandmother, both professional dancers. They instilled a curious mindset seeking to engage the world through music, dance, and travel. Getting a jump start on the legacy, Rachel started teaching when she was 11 years old and has facilitated hundreds of workshops for over 5,000 students.
Rachel is a well-known educator shifting paradigms around brain/body awareness. Her unique approach to dance and education addresses human connection, grind culture, and personal wellness. Her workshops have impacted classrooms, companies, and dance studios across North America.